The greatest things about starting a new year are the feelings of a clean slate and fresh start. I wake up on New Year’s Day and smile because the world is at my fingertips. My energy has been renewed, and I feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.
I know that I can start new at any point in the year, but it’s different on January 1st. One thing I love about starting fresh is making goals for myself.
Last year I had solid goals of getting closer to God, and for the most part, I kept on track with them. I stumbled a few days, but then I got back on track and kept going. I wanted to be healthier, and although I fell flat on my face, I did get back on track around August, and I finished stronger than I began.
This year, I want to set specific goals to really pinpoint the areas that I need to work on throughout the year.
- I will read six books to strengthen my relationship with God. I have a bookshelf dedicated to Christian Living, and it’s about time I started reading them. It also helps that Mom has decided to join me, so we’ll be reading the books together!
- I will lose at least fifty pounds this year. I really want to get my weight down. I ended strong, and I want to keep the momentum going. Things are getting looser, and I want them to continue that way!
- I will release two novels and one Christmas novella this year. That’s right folks; I plan to go completely Indie this year with my books. It’s an exciting decision, and I’m happy to embarking on this journey.
- I will read and review one writing craft book a month!
- I will begin my journey to get my MBA in marketing. I decided last year around Thanksgiving that I was going back to school. I actually start classes January 22nd. I’m totally excited about this, but I’m also really nervous because all my other degrees are in the creative arts.
- And here’s the big one. I will become a tow truck driver! I’m learning how to load and unload cars on a rollback so that I can learn the business as I take over as the Business Manager. Things are going to get exciting this year.
What are your goals for this fresh start? I’d love to hear them!